Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

I had a great Memorial Day weekend. It started off with me picking up my parents at the airport Thursday night. They came and saw my home. I call it a home now because my father dedicated my home while he was here. The power of the priesthood is amazing. Nicole came with 4 of her kids and picked my parents up a little later. I then went out to dinner with one of my favorite mission companions, Betsy. It was so fun to get caught up and to see how our lives have changed, yet still feels like just yesterday since we were tracting together in Ocean Springs, MS.

Friday night we had a BBQ at Aunt Myrna's house. It was a little too cold to swim thanks to the weather not cooperating with our original plans. However, Uncle Bill still fired up the BBQ and we had some great food.

Saturday was Brookly's baptism. It was great to see all the family together and celebrate this big step in Brookly's life. Nicole put on a wonderful dinner with great food and fresh fruit. That night I went with Hannah (roommate) and Tenesa (friend) to watch Indiana Jones. I have always been a huge fan of Indiana Jones. This one was good, not great. I didn't like the whole alien aspect to it. Sunday I drove out after church to Nicole's and then drove mom and dad to the airport. Sunday night Hannah and I drove up to Snowflake to help Aunt Kim and Uncle James clean out the attic of all Grammy's stuff which we did all day Monday. We drove back to Phoenix Monday night. It was quite a long and exhausting weekend. But it was a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I'm glad the "favorite companion" title is a two-way street. It was great to hang out and visit. I've thought of you many times since... and that was just two weeks ago!